- copies of the selected sample bill
- copies of the Simulation Script Introduction of a Government Bill
Two class periods (plus homework)
Government in the Senate
House of Commons:
What It Is
A bill can be introduced in either chamber. However, all spending bills must be introduced in the House of Commons.
In this exercise, you will choose a bill to introduce to Parliament. You will continue to use this bill throughout the simulation.
What You Need to Do
- With your group, review what you have learned about introducing a bill in the background lesson “How a Bill Becomes a Law.”
- Read the selected sample bill.
- Prepare your own summary (about 250 words) of the aims and requirements of the bill.
- As a group, read through the House of Commons simulation script "Introduction of a Government Bill."